Spectra Remote Mic/Spkr

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

crazyboy

Spectra Remote Mic/Spkr

Post by crazyboy »

I have a spectra a5 that I'd like to be able to run two speakers and microphones off of the rear db15 connector. :o, I was thinking I could use the 4 pins for the mic and two pins for the speaker over cat5? and put an audio control inline with the speaker as well so that I could control the volume. But #1 I'm not 100% sure that this would work and #2 I don't know how I would be able to connect two of them to the radio together. I know it would be easier to use tone remotes but their expensive, although I feel like I might be trying to reinvent the wheel :lol: Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Jim202

Re: Spectra Remote Mic/Spkr

Post by Jim202 »

In most cases you will have to move around a couple of the zero Ohm jumpers in
order to get the rear connector to accept the external mic audio and the external
PTT lines. Most of the Spectra radios I have worked on do not come from the
factory with the jumpers in the correct position.

Moving these surface mount jumpers requires that the radio be taken apart and the
control board removed from the radio. Some of the jumpers are located on the top
of the board and some are located on the bottom side of the board. There are
several versions of the control board, so you will need a board layout to be able
to locate the position of the jumpers.

Jim

crazyboy wrote:I have a spectra a5 that I'd like to be able to run two speakers and microphones off of the rear db15 connector. :o, I was thinking I could use the 4 pins for the mic and two pins for the speaker over cat5? and put an audio control inline with the speaker as well so that I could control the volume. But #1 I'm not 100% sure that this would work and #2 I don't know how I would be able to connect two of them to the radio together. I know it would be easier to use tone remotes but their expensive, although I feel like I might be trying to reinvent the wheel :lol: Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”