2009 Dodge Charger

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radioinst
New User

2009 Dodge Charger

Post by radioinst »

I'm in the middle of a new Dodge Charger install. I have a Smart Siren and have used the Park Kill gray wire with the factory PN wire and it works fine. The Horn ring output current isn't much at all and definately won't switch a bosch relay or even be reliable switching the smart siren white/yellow input. I'm not looking to buy an aftermarket interface but I will find something to make my own that will also mute the horn. I want to use the radio interface as well but am confused by having to apply a 1 v max rms signal to the police/taxi interface and how that is done exactly. Any input on these issues would be of help.

{Edited by mod for extraneous content.}
radioinst
New User

Re: 2009 Dodge Charger

Post by radioinst »

I used a radio shack reed relay 275-233 and switched it with the 12 volt horn sense input and used a ground output for the smart siren and rumbler siren input and it worked fine. now on to muting the horn.
radioinst
New User

Post by radioinst »

I just hooked up the horn mute to the first position of the smart siren slide switch so it mutes the horn in all 3. Works fine.
radioinst
New User

Post by radioinst »

Moving on to the radio speaker interface, I found that if you apply +12 v to the radio mute line, it will cause the radio to mute and the display to say "cell". The problem is getting a +12 v signal out of the radio. I found a low voltage relay at an online stereo supply and will try it when it gets here. It'll be nice to have police radio traffic mute the car radio and have it come over the door speakers too.
lukesinst
New User

Post by lukesinst »

contact sean barr at evmodules and he has the proper interface for all the dodge vehicles.

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”