Aftermarket rapid chargers

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

hobbes

Aftermarket rapid chargers

Post by hobbes »

Can anyone recommend good aftermarket rapid chargers? An organization I work with has a whole slew of SP50 and P1225 radios with standard chargers that I'd like to upgrade (the radios are used for long periods of time during the day, and aren't getting enough time in the charger at night for a slow charge). I've seen aftermarket chargers for about $20 on ebay from Kendoo and others, any thoughts?
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Re: Aftermarket rapid chargers

Post by N4KVE »

Advancetec chargers in Miami are great. They work fine for all types except li on. You can't overcharge with them, & they are pulse chargers. Check out their web site. GARY N4KVE
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

The one's that Gary mentions I believe also private labels for Motorola so I'd feel OK with them.
Far as low end aftermarkets Jonathan had a problem a few years back where he had a battery pack explode so it's kind of a critical area to try to save a few $$ in.
hobbes

Post by hobbes »

The advancetec chargers look quite nice, I might have to pick up some for my personal collection :-)

It looks like they require the battery to be removed from the radio to charge, which is a problem as many of the users are not, shall we say, technically adept. They really need a drop-in charger that they can plop the radio in with a minimum of effort at the end of the day. Management is also not likely to cough up the $100/ea for the good chargers.
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

You never know what you can pick up at hamfests too. A few weeks ago at the Stuart Hamfest, I picked up a rapid factory GP 300 charger, & a rapid Waris charger for $3 each, & they work perfectly. I've also been finding the Advance Tec chargers for $3 but with the wrong adaptor plate & the correct plate is $25, so $28 for a complete charger. I just bought 3 of them at Orlando. You just have to look around. GARY N4KVE

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”