XTL 1500 accessory connector part number

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

cwolf520
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links
What radios do you own?: Icom 208H, HT1000, XTS1500, ..

XTL 1500 accessory connector part number

Post by cwolf520 »

I am looking for the OEM (Amp/Tyco) part number for the 26 pin accessory connector that can be used to program, ignition sense, speaker, etc via the rear port on a XTL 1500 mobile radio. Also the OEM part number for the pins.

I want to have the radio turn on with a relay switched main power. I do not need the speaker output, programming functions or the ignition sence function. I need only to have the jumper installed between pins 14 and 15. I just need the connector base and the pin OEM part numbers.

e mail direct to [redacted]

Thanks

Chuck, kc2qpd
akardam

Re: XTL 1500 accessory connector part number

Post by akardam »

The main purpose of this board is to share information. Please do not ask for people to directly e-mail you with information like this, when it can be posted here in the thread and therefore be of benefit to the entire community.
MSS-Dave
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, NX300, PD782, Spark Gap

Post by MSS-Dave »

Thanks to Jim202 for this info for me earlier

HLN6863A for the 26 pin plug. 3980034F01 for the extra pins.

Dave
cwolf520

Post by cwolf520 »

Thanks jim202 and mrss-dave for the info.

OBTW, the new part number for the pin is 3980034F04 according to Moto online.

I am still looking for the amp or tyco part number since the price of the pin on moto online is $ 2.94 for 5 of the pins. A little pricey.

The connector is listed as a speaker/ignition sense connector with a price of $ 26.00+. I am looking for the thing that holds the pins only. I don't need a piece of plastic that houses the connector that has the /\/\ on the housing or the screws, etc.

More later.

Chuck, kc2qpd
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

It is my understanding that the connectors are made custom for Motorola and there is not an AMP/TYCO part that you can use in it's place.

If your asking about just the PIN's themselves, there probably is an equivalent, but I wouldn't know where to start to find those short of mouser or other electronics warehouse where you can get the pin dimensions from.

-Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
cwolf520

Post by cwolf520 »

Just a little more info. In the mobiles I had to program, I received 5 pins with the part number HLN6998A on the baggie. Looking up on Moto online, the part number was not found.

I am currently looking in Newark.com and other connector houses for the connector. Thanks for the help.

I will keep you posted if I find the connector from a non /\/\ $ource.

Chuck, kc2qpd
danF79
New User

Post by danF79 »

Philmore makes a pin that works just fine, Part number is DPP100. The pins fit in the connector block. The only thing is that the pin is slightly longer but it doesn't effect anything.
MotoFAN
What radios do you own?: Approx. 50: Moto & Kenwood

Post by MotoFAN »

Extractor for these pins is 6680163F01? But what's appropriate crimper?
I am biggest fan of XTS2500 and ASTRO Digital Saber.
ki6ebf
New User

Post by ki6ebf »

lol this is kind of old but anyone looking at this still , just by a DB-9 connector from radio shack the crimp style Male. and those pins work just like stoke. though on the rear part of the pin you just have to trim off a little tiny piece that stops the pin from going into the hole fully. other then that it is a exact match.

your welcome

from ....... KI6EBF
MotoFAN

Post by MotoFAN »

Hi all!

Still looking for P/N of crimper that will work as genuie and hold in place. AMP / Tyco / DMC part numbers are welcome!

Thanks!
MotoFAN

Post by MotoFAN »

And what Motorola says about recommended crimper? There is nothing about in BSM and DSM.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”