on good authority.... XTL 5000 mobile "dual radio" info

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

batdude
Personal aide to Mr. Cook

on good authority.... XTL 5000 mobile "dual radio" info

Post by batdude »

i heard today from a trusted source that M will *NOT* be releasing the dual radio O3/O5 firmware to the mass market (i.e. the rumored FW13.xx upgrade for dual radio w/ O3-O5).

this is a marketing drive to push everyone into the apx mobile.

i am betting that there might be an SP release for certain 3 letter guys, if it's not in the field already (IRS/DoJ are heavy dual band users) - but with the W3, they probably won't complain too much, even when the control head costs $2200 to replace.

don't complain to me about it - M's decision

doug
BRAVO MIKE JULIET ALPHA
"You can do whatever you want, there are just consequences..."
IF SOMEONE PM'S YOU - HAVE THE COURTESY TO REPLY.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Re: on good authority.... XTL 5000 mobile "dual radio" info

Post by Pj »

And then at the recent show, the APX guy from Moto said "this isn't the radio for everyone", just buy 5k's unless you really need dual band or Phase 2...
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
tvsjr

Re: on good authority.... XTL 5000 mobile "dual radio" info

Post by tvsjr »

Pj wrote:And then at the recent show, the APX guy from Moto said "this isn't the radio for everyone", just buy 5k's unless you really need dual band or Phase 2...
You expect the left hand to know what the right hand is doing? At Motorola? :lol:

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”