CF-29 service dongle needed

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

sglass
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: sonic screwdriver

CF-29 service dongle needed

Post by sglass »

Hi folks,

If anyone has one I can borrow for a few minutes, I'd appreciate it.

I got a used cf-29, and while I was given the bootup bios pw, they didn't have the bios admin pw.

drop me an im if you can help

I did try buiding one, looks lile I built it wrong.

Thanks

Seth
SCFR
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

Re: CF-29 service dongle needed

Post by SCFR »

Have to tried removing the battery on the mother board That worked for me.
sglass
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: sonic screwdriver

Post by sglass »

SCFR wrote:Have to tried removing the battery on the mother board That worked for me.
nope sure haven't

sounds like my next step
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

That may not work...

The CMOS may not "reset" with the battery pulled... and you may need some sort of CMOS reset tool like KILLCMOS. A laptop ('specially a toughbook) is not like a desktop that would have the jumpers to reset the CMOS/BIOS to a default state.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

JAYMZ wrote:The CMOS may not "reset" with the battery pulled... and you may need some sort of CMOS reset tool like KILLCMOS.
On the IBM Thinkpad line at least, you can reset the BIOS by pulling the battery but it won't reset the password. To do that, you have to dismantle the computer to access an EEPROM on the motherboard and read it out. :o

I really hope the Toughbooks have an easier solution, because they don't look like they'd be easy to dismantle.

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”