Touchpad No Longer Clicking

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

petbro
New User
What radios do you own?: HT1000,MT6000e,GP340,MTH650

Touchpad No Longer Clicking

Post by petbro »

hi

i have a dell latitude c540. The touchpad is no longer clicking. i've tried uninstalling and installing synaptics touchpad driver and still no clicking. What i now get when i move the curser across the window with my finger is the select and paste box. the pressure pad seems to be ok and registers my touch so dont believe it's hardware. could i have picked up a bug??????
wavetar
Administrator

Re: Touchpad No Longer Clicking

Post by wavetar »

I had a similar issue with my Dell Latitude. I'd say one of your mouse buttons is stuck in 'engaged' mode. It may not appear to be stuck (ie: the button isn't physically lower than the other) but internally it could be. Do you have the dual mouse button config, with your choice of buttons above & below the touchpad? Try double clicking & right clicking on a file with all 4 buttons. I believe you'll find one that either doesn't work, or works very sporadically. I ended up replacing the whole touchpad/button assembly.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
petbro
New User
What radios do you own?: HT1000,MT6000e,GP340,MTH650

Re: Touchpad No Longer Clicking

Post by petbro »

wavetar wrote:I had a similar issue with my Dell Latitude. I'd say one of your mouse buttons is stuck in 'engaged' mode. It may not appear to be stuck (ie: the button isn't physically lower than the other) but internally it could be. Do you have the dual mouse button config, with your choice of buttons above & below the touchpad? Try double clicking & right clicking on a file with all 4 buttons. I believe you'll find one that either doesn't work, or works very sporadically. I ended up replacing the whole touchpad/button assembly.

THANK YOU ONE MILLION THANK YOUS

I tried your instructions and NOW the click action is back. You're a diamond. Why am i so grateful cos i've been using external mouse for the last6/7 months without getting anywhere.

I can click i can click i can click i can click i can click

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”