FYI for 800MHz Rebanding and Astro25 CPS R13

Release notes for new versions of programming software and firmware, for any product, should be posted here, as well as topics discussing issues and bugs with and FSB's/SRN's for particular releases.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

akardam

FYI for 800MHz Rebanding and Astro25 CPS R13

Post by akardam »

Previously, in Astro25 CPS, the Trunking > Trunking Configuration > Rebanding Enabled field was read-only, and indicated whether the internal codeplug information of the radio believed it was rebanding capable or not (a bit that is set when you upgrade the radio to a certain minimum firmware value, R07 if memory serves).

Motorola apparently made the decision that from CPS R13 and onwards, that field is now not read-only, and can be turned on and off at will. Additionally, it would appear that at least all portable radios (and possibly mobiles too, though I haven't had a chance to verify this) coming out of the factory have codeplugs with Rebanding disabled. This doesn't appear to be so much of an issue when cloning, but if you're writing a new codeplug from scratch, or doing a non-top level drag and drop, it can be an issue.

This bit us in the ass so I figured I'd pass the word in case anyone else ran into this issue.
mike m

Re: FYI for 800MHz Rebanding and Astro25 CPS R13

Post by mike m »

Yep ran into this last week, why Motorola thinks they need to pre-set CPS fields is beyond me.

I had ove 20 default codeplugs made up and out of these several were for 700/800 MHz radios and every one of these displayed the rebanding message during field programming.

It drove some of the techs at 2 federal govt. 3 letter agencies and one major Eropean helicopter manufacturer crazy until I found the problem.

I forgot to post this last week, I was waiting to see if there any more CPS13 errors to crop up, I now have 2 to complain about.

Mike
Batwings21

Post by Batwings21 »

Just ran into this today, and it threw me for a loop. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Funny thing was with the radio I had the cps would not let me write in the codeplug I had just read from it.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

(thinking I made the right choice not being on the rebanding team)

I'll print this out and give it to our guys. I know they have had their share of mysteries to solve with dongles, rev levels, accy plugs, et al. They may or may not be aware of this already. Thx.

Return to “Software & Firmware Releases & Issues”