Minitor IV constant squelch

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Andy2712
What radios do you own?: XTS2500 m3 VHF

Minitor IV constant squelch

Post by Andy2712 »

I got board today and took apart an old M4 (which is not nearly as easy as the M2's used to be). When I put it back together and turned in on all I get is a constant squelch. Anyone have any idea what I may have done? Thanks.

Andy
Lake Effect

Re: Minitor IV constant squelch

Post by Lake Effect »

Due to the age of your post, maybe you already figured out the problem but, if not, I'll take a shot at it.
Just above the vibrator motor, there should be a surface mount NPN transistor. It is next to board marking of "TP1" The transistor is easily caught on the edge of the housing when inserting the pager into place. It gets pulled loose and you have constant open squelch as I recall. Another place for trouble is a chip resistor closer to the top at "TP5". It has been a while since I saw that one so I'm not certain of the problem it causes. Good luck.

L.E.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”