Mototrbo Repeater

Moderator: Queue Moderator

johnny1225

Mototrbo Repeater

Post by johnny1225 »

I have a UHF Mototrbo Repeater in analoge mode at one of the hospitals. They have a Motorola L3212 DC Deskset hooked up to it which works great. They now want to upgrade to digital with new digital radio's, but i noticed that the deskset does not tx or rx when it is in digital mode. Will this type of deskset not work with the digital side of Mototrbo or is it a programming issue with the rear pins at the back of the repeater. Can anyone help me fix this problem before i start the upgrade.

Thanks

John
wavetar
Administrator

Re: Mototrbo Repeater

Post by wavetar »

The repeater's accessory port is essentially dead in digital mode. You will need to hook the remotes to an XPR4000 series base station in order to get them to function.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
johnny1225

Post by johnny1225 »

thanks my friend
johnny1225

Post by johnny1225 »

could you tell me how to go about hooking it up to a 4000 series control station??
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Same hook ups as the repeater...the difference is the 4xxx mobile's accessory connector remains active in digital mode.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”