Telex training

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Bill_G

Telex training

Post by Bill_G »

I'll be attending a 3 day Telex dealer certification class this week. If you have any specific questions about Telex products, particularly their roip line, post them here and I'll try to get an answer for you.
Jim202

Re: Telex training

Post by Jim202 »

Ask them about interfacing Nextel phones onto the radio system. Both PTT and normal phone calls should be addressed.

Jim

Bill_G wrote:I'll be attending a 3 day Telex dealer certification class this week. If you have any specific questions about Telex products, particularly their roip line, post them here and I'll try to get an answer for you.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

I've done that already. What would you like to know Jim?
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

It is my understanding that they have a 3rd party plug in card that can replicate a Nextel PTT and cellular
type service that can be used in a gateway system or other interface. Do they in fact have this and what
does it take to make the application / interface function with a radio system?

Jim

Bill_G wrote:I've done that already. What would you like to know Jim?
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

No, not that I'm aware of. You use either a falcon class Nextel handheld, or a Nextel data only modem. Those plug into an Telex interface box which in turn plugs into an IP223. They access Nextel service with a Nextel device.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

From the class - I am very impressed with the US Forestry Service console layout. Simple, informative, undistracting.

randymince
What radios do you own?: MOTO,HARRIS,TELEX,RAYTHEON,GD

Post by randymince »

How did you like the class? I attended the Dallas,Texas training/cert in September. I am responsible for around 25 IP-223's, some PIB/TID, 6 IP2002's and about 24 csoft users. If you have any questions, suggestions hit me up.
...And that's how radios work
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Sweet. Thanks Randy. The class was pretty good. After working with the product for a few years, I knew most of it, but I did learn a few things. We've put in quite a few of the Csoft consoles, and so far they are solid. Our biggest issues have been network problems causing broken audio, not hardware or config issues. Seems to go in once. I love that.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

We've only installed the one system, with 9 IP223's & a couple of PIB's...but zero issues since it went in...best kind of product.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”