IP site connect

Moderator: Queue Moderator

johnny1225

IP site connect

Post by johnny1225 »

has anyone put in a IP site connect system with Mototrbo. If so how did it work and was the networking side of it hard to do

Regards,

John
marcosorourke
What radios do you own?: XPR7550

Re: IP site connect

Post by marcosorourke »

Yes, we are using a two site IP Site Connect system. Works pretty good. The networking was pretty easy. I just had to give both repeaters unique IP addresses on the network and create the IP connect channel (we used only one of the two time slots for IP connect). It was easier than I expected it to be.
k7pfj
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Kenwood, Yeasu

Post by k7pfj »

Yes, it works awesome. I am building a state wide IP Site connect as well as many Capacity Plus sites for higher volume users for the local areas. First Phase is the first 7 sites in the front range and then the second phase will by Hwy 70 West to Grand Junction. Currently we have 4 sites connected and the other 3 are comming really soon as well as the first trunking digital system in Denver.

As soon as Motorola releases the next firmware, i am sold by persons i cant name that the sites will go from 15 to 64 sites. When Trident finnishes the switch to allow multi site trunking and its not priced as the old PassPort NTS crap i may buy into it.

It would be nice to start a MotoTRBO consordium that certin partners link together to create a region wide system and share in the profits if you know what i mean.

Mike Mullarkey
Owner
Colorado Telecom
mike@co-telecom.com
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

Mike,

What are you using for the connection between sites?

Thanks.
ki4gyw

Post by ki4gyw »

The question is how many repeaters are you going for at one site? I have a system that has a VHF & UHF at one site and UHF at another, I have one Linux based router for handling the IP address forwarding with 2 static ip's , but that's the only issues. I would use a good router, with ACL to allow only the IP's in your system to talk to keep the traffic down. I have a few other site connect systems but they are single repeaters per site, so its super easy on those.
mikeps
New User
What radios do you own?: UHF XPR-8300 XPR-6500 XPR-6550

Post by mikeps »

We have 12 repeaters now on our Ham IPSC network and it works very well, most repeaters are IPSC enabled on both time slots though a few prefer to keep their repeater local only on time slot 2. Biggest issue is the CWID'er knocking off possible traffic during it's cycle. It is very easy to implement with the biggest issue being set-up of the router.
johnny1225 wrote:has anyone put in a IP site connect system with Mototrbo. If so how did it work and was the networking side of it hard to do
FMROB

Post by FMROB »

Does anyone know if when you connect the XPR to the internet does the lights on the ethernet connector light up.

Reason asking, I have the most recent firmware on both units and cant get IP site connect to work. I noticed that the little green and yellow link and status leds on the ethernet connection do nothing when a cat 5 is connected?

Thanks, Rob
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

What is the internet connection? eth or dsl? Test the Trbo port by plugging it into a hub or switch.
FMROB

Post by FMROB »

Bill, The TRBo repeater I assume has an direct ethernet port, in our case we have them connected to the switches via 10 Foot cat 5 cables. The ethernet connection is like the connector on a switch, when you plug in a device it gives you the yellow and green flashing activity lights.

Ont he XPR it has the lights, but nothing happens. So I am tying to figure out XPR problem, Switch/Router settings, etc.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”