HP 8935 service monitor

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

w7rhc
New User

HP 8935 service monitor

Post by w7rhc »

I have a HP 8935 E 6381a model. I called HP , they stop technical support in 2007. The screen is Ghosting. Did any one have the same problem ? I would like to know how to adjust the screen level . I have all the manuals, I do not see adjustments for display. I tried to get a display, very hard to get . This display is not a CRT .
Any help would be appreciated.
w7nik
kj4wlc
New User

Re: HP 8935 service monitor

Post by kj4wlc »

I have the E6380a and have the same problem. Did you find a solution?
t95mwp
Batboard $upporter

Post by t95mwp »

The only way to do that if you can`t find replacement CRT is what we use to do it at TVs is to put few turns of thin wire around flyback and then unsolder two wires from heater and solder those wires back to CRT board.It should have little more voltage to bring your brightness up but there is no guarantee for how long will last.If you Google it you should find explanation how to do it on TVs and that should be no difference.
kj4wlc
New User

Post by kj4wlc »

Its not a CRT. The fix I came up with is to adapt the EL display output to standard LCD. First I did it with a 10" display which doesn't fit and finally located an exact fit other than new mount. I also added a VGA output so I didn't have to lug around a digital scaler with me.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”