Moving Programming to FPP-enabled XTS5K

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

PeterGV

Moving Programming to FPP-enabled XTS5K

Post by PeterGV »

I've got several zones, channels, and personalities happily programmed in my trusty 5K M2 (M2, obviously not FPP-enabled).

Recently, I bought a Q52/Q53 FPP-enabled 5K M3 from our friend Panter88.

Is there ANY way to move the programming from my non-FPP 5K to my FPP-enabled 5K, BESIDES RETYPING it all?

I can't drag/drop the info (any of it) from an non-FPP radio to an FPP-radio.

I realize that for the FPP-enabled zones, the channels (in the Zone Channel Assignment) correspond 1:1 to Conventional Personalities. I also realize that the FPP-enabled zones must be contiguous, starting from the first zone.

If I could manage to IMPORT the Zone Channel Assignments and the Conventional Personalities into the FPP-enabled radio, I could probably write a program that'd take the (exported) code-plug data from the non-FPP radio and create a CSV file that had one personality per channel that could be imported into the FPP radio. But I'm not even having any luck importing zones/channels/personalities into the FPP-radio and turn on FPP on those imported zones -- I'll be damned if I know why.

Any hints? What do people here DO? I mean... just reprogram it all? :o That's a lot of really annoying and mindless copy/paste, and it's already proven to be seriously subject to error.

Peter
K1PGV
jpatrou
New User

Re: Moving Programming to FPP-enabled XTS5K

Post by jpatrou »

Try the "top node" drag and drop, which should allow you to take all the info from a non-FPP radio and drop it all into a FPP radio.
batmoto
New User

Post by batmoto »

I think you should be able to use the channel picklist, You cannot just drag and drop between radios with the flashcode that different.
akardam

Post by akardam »

batmoto wrote:You cannot just drag and drop between radios with the flashcode that different.
That's not really true. There are limitations when dealing with FPP, and of course if your target doesn't have a feature that your source does, it's not going to drag that portion over, but everything else will come over just fine, and since most people are concerned with conventional vs trunking when they're looking to move lots of data around, and all the radios do conventional, then you're good to go.

Return to “Radio Programming”