Centracom Gold ADM Programming Question

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KE9GK

Centracom Gold ADM Programming Question

Post by KE9GK »

Attention Centracom Gurus:

We are in the process of converting a CCII+ (TOMI) CEB over to Gold (COIM) in preparation for migration to Elite Dispatch positions. I'm looking for assistance in programming Stat-Alert aliases into the COIM. We are currently running 3 B&LED OP positions with 2 DCCM's (per OP) to display MDC unit info on those resources. The TOMI's display the info just fine, (including the channel alias when unselected) but when the COIM's were introduced the DCCM's simply display the TDM slot # for the channel alias....and the raw MDC data...no aliases. From all my documentation...it appears as though the COIM can store up to 1000 aliases...and they are set up in the ADM....my problem is getting the ADM info programmed into the COIM.

My first thought was to use the ADMI program to dump the info into the COIM (sort of like the program EEPROM function on the CCII RSS)...but it tells me there is no connection available...even though the RS232 board and COM port interface are connected. I was told that I possibly may need an ADMI card...and that card would be another COIM configured in the CDM as an ADMI...and the COIMS would pull the alias data from the ADMI card??

Any help on this would be appreciated...I guess we really dont need the aliases on the B&LED OPs for the time being....but it would be nice for the dispatchers until the elite positions go in (which by the way decode the aliases in the ADM just fine).

Thanks
After years of dealing with the public I have realized.....You Just Can't Fix Stupid!
Harold

Re: Centracom Gold ADM Programming Question

Post by Harold »

I am having this problem. Was a resolution found and posted?
d119

Re: Centracom Gold ADM Programming Question

Post by d119 »

This was addressed in another post.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”