HMN4104A with TRBO XPR6550?

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KO6UX
New User

HMN4104A with TRBO XPR6550?

Post by KO6UX »

Does anyone have any experience using the HMN4104A RSM with the TRBO XPR6550 radio? This is a IMPRESS speaker mic with a LCD display, volume control, channel selector, panic button and two other auxilliary buttons, sold for the APX. Since the APX and TRBOs both have the same universal connector, I presume that the mic would work with the TRBO, but I am having mixed results.

The accessory is detected by the radio and the speaker and microphone both work. However, none of the aux buttons, panic button, volume control of channel selector work. Also, the LCD on the RSM initially shows "Motorola" but after a few seconds in changes to "ERR A002" and that stays on the screen constantly.

I have programmed the TRBO for "Motorola cable' type accessories and the external volume control toggle is enabled.

Can anyone confirm that this works with the TRBO? Or perhaps it really is only compatible with the APX?
alex
Administrator

Re: HMN4104A with TRBO XPR6550?

Post by alex »

It only works with the APX. I think maybe the volume and something else worked with it - but the display showed an error.

Don't waste the $300 or whatever the thing costs in hopes it'll work with the Trbo... unless Motorola adds support to it in the future to the Trbo firmware.

-Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”