Min V Recipition Problem

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

vamedic826
What radios do you own?: HT-1550, HT-1250, CDM 1550

Min V Recipition Problem

Post by vamedic826 »

I just recived 20 New Pagers from M. They were programmed by the local M shop. The Problem that I have is that when they are alerted all you hear is static. The voice will come thru and then go back to static. It has been several years scince I have carried one of these pagers. I this how it works or is it a programming issue that needs to go back to be fixed?
snubber

Re: Min V Recipition Problem

Post by snubber »

Sounds like they need to go back for some further programming to adjust the reset settings.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Sounds like the squelch hasn't been set. Talk to your dealer.
vamedic826
What radios do you own?: HT-1550, HT-1250, CDM 1550

Post by vamedic826 »

Thanks for the response.
HRN

Post by HRN »

The length of time for the revert n has been set too long. It can be shortened through the software.
pbansen

Post by pbansen »

In the Minitor V programming software, there is a little slider from 1 - 5 for setting the squelch. What it doesn't tell you whether it is more sensitive (will allow you to hear a weaker signal) at the 1 position or at the 5 position. This is not explained in the help menu either.

So - Minitor V programming gurus: if you are trying to increase the sensitivity of the pager, do you move the slider to a lower or higher numeric value??

Thanks!
max track

Post by max track »

If they are stored voice, the delay time is there in case the dispatcher drops the carrier for a few seconds. Have the shop change it to 2 or 3 seconds, Usually the squelch from the factory is fine.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”