DOS PC's & Laptops

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

train_radio_guy

DOS PC's & Laptops

Post by train_radio_guy »

Just wondering if there is still any interest in older PC's & Laptops - primarily DOS-based systems. At one time, there use to be a need for the older machines, such as for programming radios that required a RSS, which ran best on a DOS only machine.

We're in the process of moving, and consolidating our assets. Amongst the many radios, pieces of test equipment, and misc. telephony items, we have a number of DOS machines. Before these get thrown-out or recycled, I thought it couldn't hurt to send some 'feelers' out to the folks on the board.

If there's still a need for these relics, I'll go through them a little more thoroughly, to see what we have, and what still runs. Just a warning.... they're as is, and will only be loaded with the operating system. If the hard drive has anything else on it, we'll reformat the drive and reload the O.S., before sending it out. Just a little CYA for all concerned.

Drop me a line with any interest.

Thanks,

- trg, 8)
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing!" - Sledge Hammer

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”