R2670 Parts

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

groundrat99

R2670 Parts

Post by groundrat99 »

Does anyone know where to obtain parts or schematics for the R2670? I have one that someone put 300w in to the RF in/out port and it blew a component off the board. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
xmo

Re: R2670 Parts

Post by xmo »

Bad news - here's what MOL says:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Item Number. RLN5237A * Item has been cancelled

SERVICE MANUAL FOR R2600 SYSTEM ANA
----------------------------------------------------------------

Even when you could get it the manual was about $500 - and - it does not contain part numbers [does contain schematics]

If you call General Dynamics to ask about buying a part they will tell you that they only sell parts to the depot.
If you call the CTDI depot - they will tell you to call Motorola.
If you call Motorola they will tell you they'll check into it & get back to you.
Good luck on that - I'm still waiting 6 months later.

All I wanted was to buy a replacement handle.

The run-around waste of your time almost makes the depot flat rate look good....
groundrat99

Post by groundrat99 »

Wow! I thought the government had red tape! Do you know what the flat rate is for this beast?
xmo

Post by xmo »

Contact Motorola Customer Service at (800)227-6772.

The cost will be painful enough to serve as a reminder to not put 300 Watts into it but they will include a full calibration while it is in for repair.
groundrat99

Post by groundrat99 »

Thanks for the info. Ill make sure i am sitting down with a stiff drink when they quote the price!
radio_05

Post by radio_05 »

A few thoughts,

Having never repaired the R-2670, is the Wattmeter/Load module very different from other R-2600's?

I expect there are many used R-2600 series manuals available affordably.

Second, isn't the R-2670 produced by General Dynamics, and sold as a GD overseas?
Is a manual available from General Dynamics?

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”