XTS4000 Backup?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

nomoclutch
New User

XTS4000 Backup?

Post by nomoclutch »

Anyone know what depot version would read an XTS4000? A friend let me use his R07, but it only did the 5000, 2500, etc.

I'd like to backup my radio
xmo

Re: XTS4000 Backup?

Post by xmo »

When you say "backup", I assume you want to read the contents of the radio's codeplug into a computer archive file. The XTS4000 is an Astro25 portable and reads/programs with the same CPS as the other Astro25 portables.

You said your friend could not read the radio. Perhaps your problem was related to the cable. Do you have the proper Motorola NKN1027A cable? If so, did you get an error message such as "radio model not supported" or "codeplug too new"?
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Ver 7 CPS doesn't support the XTS4000 thats why it doesn't work. I believe ver 9 may have been the first that supported the XTS4000. Even with that being said, if the radio has been touched with something newer that, version has to be used to read it no matter if it regular or depot software (ie version 13 depot wont read a radio hit with normal 15 cps).

Jason
nomoclutch
New User

Post by nomoclutch »

It was last programmed with r14 CPS. My question was about getting an archive backup of the radio which I understand you can't do in CPS (only in Depot). My friend stopped carrying Motorola stuff, but he had r7 of Depot which he thought was the newest (he said he'd used it on XTS5000's, so we thought it might work). Doing a little Googling, it seems r7 Depot does not list support for the XTS4000 - I'm wondering if anyone know what the first version of Depot that DID support it?
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

I think ver 9 was the first to support the XTS4000. What do you mean by backup archive? Perhaps that could use some more explaining. Just reading the radio and saving the file that is in it now and storing it in a safe place would be a good backup...your confusing use with the terms backup achive.

Jason

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”