Want to convert O5 remote mount to O3

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

sheldon

Want to convert O5 remote mount to O3

Post by sheldon »

I have an M20QTS9PW1AN XTL5000 high power radio that is currently setup as an O5 remote mount.

After purchasing a new car, I have found that I dont have enough room for the O5 remote mounted head and would like to convert my radio to an O3 HHCH setup.

My question is:

What parts (and part numbers) are required to convert my remote mount O5 to a O3 setup and how easy is it to convert?
motorola_otaku

Re: Want to convert O5 remote mount to O3

Post by motorola_otaku »

If it's configured as an O5 remote then the hard work is already done. You don't even need to change anything in programming since O5 and O3 use the same setting.

All you need is the O3 head and the head extension cable, part #PMLN4958. If you want the accessory connector up where the head will be then you also need PMLN4959, or you can just run wires for ignition sense and the speaker back to the radio location and use the rear accessory connector if you have a mid-power radio.
sheldon

Post by sheldon »

motorola_otaku wrote:All you need is the O3 head and the head extension cable, part #PMLN4958. If you want the accessory connector up where the head will be then you also need PMLN4959, or you can just run wires for ignition sense and the speaker back to the radio location and use the rear accessory connector if you have a mid-power radio.
Ok, so as I understand it, I will obviously need the O3 HHCH, the head extension cable PMLN4958, the accessory extension connector PMLN4959 and HLN6863A? as the radio is configured as a high power unit with no accessory connector on the rear.

Does anyone know roughly how much all the cables should cost me?

[moderated due to FSWT request]
sheldon

Post by sheldon »

Ok, gone and bought the following items:

O3 HHCH
O3 head extension cable
accessory extension cable and
accessory adapter/ignition sense adapter

Tell you what, /\/\ just cost me a weeks pay, grrrrrr!!!

Will post pics in the appropriate forum when the items arrive and I install the radio into my new 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer VRX.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”