apx7000 upgrade failure

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

SSE5000ASTRO

apx7000 upgrade failure

Post by SSE5000ASTRO »

Hi,all

a apx7000 upgrade newer fimware , radio flashed SEC HW Update in Progress then reboot
but still display :SEC HW Update in Progress once again ,more times ,what's wrong? any idea?

thx!
SSE5000ASTRO

Re: apx7000 upgrade failure

Post by SSE5000ASTRO »

SSE5000ASTRO wrote:Hi,all

a apx7000 upgrade newer fimware , radio flashed SEC HW Update in Progress then reboot
but still display :SEC HW Update in Progress once again ,more times ,what's wrong? any idea?

thx!

all R02 ,R04 and R05 FW be used ,but still abnormal ,always dispaly : SEC HW Update in Progress then reboot.
batdude
Personal aide to Mr. Cook

Post by batdude »

i bet that your radio does not have a MACE chip on the board.

that would be a non-recoverable error i think.

congratulations on your paperweight.

doug
BRAVO MIKE JULIET ALPHA
"You can do whatever you want, there are just consequences..."
IF SOMEONE PM'S YOU - HAVE THE COURTESY TO REPLY.
SSE5000ASTRO

Post by SSE5000ASTRO »

batdude wrote:i bet that your radio does not have a MACE chip on the board.

that would be a non-recoverable error i think.

congratulations on your paperweight.

doug

oh,man,what is MACE chip? can get from aftermarket? show me some details pls,Thanks.
Squad5
was mwb9122

Post by Squad5 »

I have a buddy who was going to do this, Please let me know what you find out so I can pass this on to him before he does the update
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Didn't the APXes have this showing after an upgrade around R3 firmware, when MACE was put in the software? Didn't the radio need another few minutes hooked up to the computer to finish the secure upgrade?
rc50won
What radios do you own?: Don't ask my wife.

Post by rc50won »

escomm wrote:Didn't the APXes have this showing after an upgrade around R3 firmware, when MACE was put in the software? Didn't the radio need another few minutes hooked up to the computer to finish the secure upgrade?

This is true. It takes a few more minutes when there is a firmware bump to the MACE. I think what Doug was pointing out was that some early prototype APX's made it out into the wild without the MACE chip. These radios may have a :cry: cataclysmic issue with later firmware upgrades.

http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/do ... sp1274.pdf

Marshall

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”