Reflash APX for different band?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bezking
What radios do you own?: /\/\

Reflash APX for different band?

Post by bezking »

Hi all,

Suppose I have an APX portable or mobile that's currently flashed with VHF and 7/800 bands. Could this radio be reflashed to swap the 7/800 with one of the UHF ranges?

Thanks,
The bandsplit is only a suggestion.

jmr061
was KB9KST

Re: Reflash APX for different band?

Post by jmr061 »

In theory I suppose if you change the band split specific items (quick check shows RF boards are different for the diff combinations but I didn't check further for other parts) it would be possible to blast it with new info.

Jason
bezking
What radios do you own?: /\/\

Post by bezking »

Thanks Jason. I was just wondering if the parts were band-specific or if the hardware was capable of doing all the splits and the limits were just controlled in software...
The bandsplit is only a suggestion.

SSE5000ASTRO

Post by SSE5000ASTRO »

Impossible! hardware is different.
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

The RF sections ARE band-specific, that is why when you order an APX7000 you have to specify the secondary band even if you don't enable it. If you chose to enable dual-band operation, it's $1,000 list additional.
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”