Astro Saber VS XTS3000 Codeplug Sharing

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

rileym
What radios do you own?: XTS3k's

Astro Saber VS XTS3000 Codeplug Sharing

Post by rileym »

Is it possible to write the S-Record from an Astro Saber to a XTS3000 of the same model?

I have read that they are basically the same radio... I figure it is a shot in the dark, but might as well ask rather than gain a fancy doorstop.
I flatulate P25.
d119

Re: Astro Saber VS XTS3000 Codeplug Sharing

Post by d119 »

Yes, you can write an Astro Saber S-record into an XTS 3000 and vice versa. The radios will boot up and work. Sorta. Read on.

The display will be all screwed up as the XTS has a much different display than the ASTRO saber, and vice versa.

The button definitions will also be screwed up, as the ASTRO Saber has no A/B/C switch, just as the XTS has no batwing switch.

And there are a myriad of other little things. This basically means it should not be done, especially in a public safety environment.

Top-Level Drag & Drop is your friend.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”