Digital Consolette db25 cable pinout?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

rcorsair
New User

Digital Consolette db25 cable pinout?

Post by rcorsair »

I am trying to test some desk sets and am having issues. We are assuming its the db25 cable between the consolette(L99DX+339L) and the L3208A Junction box. I have been told it can be done with a 4 pair cat5(straight through) with 25 pin connectors, we do not have an true db25 cable and are being forced to make one. What is the pin out if it can be done with this method? So far I am coming up with nothing. I tried the search function and havent gotten much. Every other piece of equipment has been replaced with brand new out of the box except the db25. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks
Jim202

Re: Digital Consolette db25 cable pinout?

Post by Jim202 »

rcorsair wrote:I am trying to test some desk sets and am having issues. We are assuming its the db25 cable between the consolette(L99DX+339L) and the L3208A Junction box. I have been told it can be done with a 4 pair cat5(straight through) with 25 pin connectors, we do not have an true db25 cable and are being forced to make one. What is the pin out if it can be done with this method? So far I am coming up with nothing. I tried the search function and havent gotten much. Every other piece of equipment has been replaced with brand new out of the box except the db25. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

The pins used are pin for pin between the radio accessory connector and the J-box. You use the lower connector. I don't have time this morning to go look up the pin connections and will be on the road for the next several days. If you have an old DB25 extension cable, it will work just fine.

yes you only need a few wires to make it work. Like only 5 or so.
Jim202

Re: Digital Consolette db25 cable pinout?

Post by Jim202 »

XTL - consolette accessory connector 2:

1 RX + (line+) - used for tone remote operation RX side

2 AUD_SHLD - analog ground (do not tie to pin 12)

3 TX = (line 2+) - used for tone remote operation TX side

4 FILT_AUD - RX filtered audio (note: DC bias on this pin)

5 A+ - +13.8 VDC

6 BUSY - busy line of data bus: 5V logic levels

7 BUS+ - high side of bus data: 180 degree out of phase with BUS-

8 NC - not used

9 VIP OUTPUT 1

10 PTT - ground this line to key transmitter

11 TX- (line 2 -) - low side of tone remote control TX line

12 DIG_GND - ground for 5V logic signals

13 VIP INPUT 1 -

14 SPKR_HI - do not ground this pin, damage to audio amp will result

15 SPKR_LO - do not ground this pin, damage to audio amp will result

16 RX- (line 1 -) - low side of tone remote RX line

17 AUX_TX_AUDIO - linear transmit audio path used with aux PTT

18 VIP OUTPUT 3

19 BUS - - low side of data bus, 180 degree out of phase with BUS+

20 RESET - data bus reset line

21 5V - 5 volts for logic circuits

22 VIP INPUT 3

23 VIP OUTPUT 2

24 MONITOR - allows activation of monitor function when grounded

25 SPKR_UNMUTE - indication that consolette is receiving valid audio

Hope this is what your looking for. When used with the J-box interface, there is a line for line wire used. Not all the lines are needed for the operation. You will need the SPKR lines to hear RX audio on the J-box connected MC3000 remote.

Jim

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”