Showing Talkgroup Alias Text instead of Radio ID

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dxon2m

Showing Talkgroup Alias Text instead of Radio ID

Post by dxon2m »

Hey everyone,

How do I get my XTS2500 to show the talkgroup alias text instead of radio ID on the display. The Radio has H14 option flashed.

Thanks
MSS-Dave
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, NX300, PD782, Spark Gap

Re: Showing Talkgroup Alias Text instead of Radio ID

Post by MSS-Dave »

Are you on a Astro system (conventional or trunked?)? I think Talkgroup alias text is only available on that and not type 2 trunking. The help menus are pretty specific about the Astro stuff. I will see if I can get mine to do that on a type 2 system later though....

If you do have Astro, should be in Radio Configuration > Display and Menu > Advanced > select Talkgroup display on receive. THEN... looks like you have to set up the TG info in the Astro Systems > Astro talkgroup list check Talkgroup alias enable and also make entries in the table list.

The Help files in the CPS "might" be your friend here as well as several beers and a few hours maybe??

Dave
dxon2m

Post by dxon2m »

I guess I'm missing my beer friend, it was astro conventional.

I was able to do the same on XTS3000, just not yet on the 2500.
MSS-Dave
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, NX300, PD782, Spark Gap

Post by MSS-Dave »

I will try this on a Astro 25 trunked system as well tomorrow on my 2500. Don't have a system configured for conventional in that radio though. Have to look and see if this is available in the APX CPS as well...

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”