Federal Signal Informer Alert Receivers not alerting.

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Federal Signal Informer Alert Receivers not alerting.

Post by n7maq »

I know this is a bit OT, but I wanted to get this out to as many people ASAP. This is an issue that needs resolved ASAP and Federal Signal is saying they have not heard of the problem. So PLEASE don't lock this right away.

We have been experiencing some issues with the new informers that are narrow/wide band software selectable. We are not the only shop in the area to experience this issue. Pages are not getting decoded. It seems that they are not resetting automatically as programmed, but I still can not say with certainty that is the issue. The Minitors and Swissphones are just fine. Some of the things that we have seen is the RF frequency will change after programmed, and the firmware rev window shows gibberish. Has anyone else had any of these issues?

The timing is correct. Also as a side note there is an easy way to edit the Informer's data file for a .25 sec A tone if anyone needs that feel free to PM me.

Thanks,

Jim

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”