ASTRO Spectra Consolette on 230V?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mr.syntrx

ASTRO Spectra Consolette on 230V?

Post by mr.syntrx »

Are ASTRO Spectra consolette power supplies capable of 230V 50Hz operation?

Had a look at a few pictures and I can't see a selector switch on the back, if they are capable are they auto selecting, or is there a switch inside the consolette on the power supply itself?
resqguy911

Re: ASTRO Spectra Consolette on 230V?

Post by resqguy911 »

mr.syntrx wrote:Are ASTRO Spectra consolette power supplies capable of 230V 50Hz operation?

Had a look at a few pictures and I can't see a selector switch on the back, if they are capable are they auto selecting, or is there a switch inside the consolette on the power supply itself?
Since they pretty much use PC power supplies, they probably can. If I can get a few spare minutes in the next few days I can take the cover off one and see if the PS has the normal 120/240 switch.
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"
resqguy911

Re: ASTRO Spectra Consolette on 230V?

Post by resqguy911 »

Just took a look, all my consolettes power supplies have the US/UK style switch on the back. Of course, I have no way to test that here...
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”