CF-28 CD Drive Problem

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kg6bki

CF-28 CD Drive Problem

Post by kg6bki »

I have a CF-28 with an internal CD rom and trying to do a fresh install of XP. When I boot the computer to boot to the CD nothing happens and the computer boots normally. When the computer loads up I can’t see the CD Drive in the my computer screen but when I push the button the drive it opens up but won’t read a CD and show up in my computer…any input?

Brian
Jim202

Re: CF-28 CD Drive Problem

Post by Jim202 »

kg6bki wrote:I have a CF-28 with an internal CD rom and trying to do a fresh install of XP. When I boot the computer to boot to the CD nothing happens and the computer boots normally. When the computer loads up I can’t see the CD Drive in the my computer screen but when I push the button the drive it opens up but won’t read a CD and show up in my computer…any input?

Brian

The first place I would check is the BIOS and see what the boot sequence is set for. My gut feeling is the computer is not set up currently to look at the CD to boot from. What I try to do is set the boot sequence to look for a floppy first, the CD second and then go to the hard drive.

Not sure what your key is to get into the setup when the computer first powers up. Find out and hit that key. Then modify the boot sequence to have the CD show up before the hard drive. Save it and then boot the computer. Watch the screen, because it will probably tell you to hit any key or the space bar to boot from a CD.

Jim
kg6bki

Re: CF-28 CD Drive Problem

Post by kg6bki »

:oops: :oops: The CD Drive needed a push back into the computer...it wasn't in all the way...Problem Fixed

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”