Console Emergency tones

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Spiffy50

Console Emergency tones

Post by Spiffy50 »

Hey gang, does anyone know what frequencies are played when an emergency is received by a console?

I don't mean the tones that the dispatcher can play over the air, I mean the tones that are played locally on the console when a subscriber radio hits the emergency button. Looking for the ones on a Centracom console.

Failing that, does anyone have a high quality/decent recording of same?
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Re: Console Emergency tones

Post by HLA »

it's the mdc id that's sent out, that's how they know who sent the signal
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
K8TEK
"Dark Chocolate"
What radios do you own?: Dynatac

Post by K8TEK »

HLA wrote:it's the mdc id that's sent out, that's how they know who sent the signal
I don't think that is what he is asking.
K8TEK::Tim
crazyboy

Post by crazyboy »

HLA wrote:it's the mdc id that's sent out, that's how they know who sent the signal
I believe hes talking about the alarm noise that the dispatcher hears once the console receives the emergency signal.
Spiffy50

Post by Spiffy50 »

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm looking for the audible tones that are played on the dispatcher's console when a unit hits their emergency button.
Will

Post by Will »

Spiffy50 wrote:That's not what I'm talking about. I'm looking for the audible tones that are played on the dispatcher's console when a unit hits their emergency button.
Would that be what the decoder sends to the console? So I would think that the tones at the console would not be the same as what the unit radio sends.
d119

Post by d119 »

I had to do a double-take... I thought there might have been a bovine influence occurring..
d119

Post by d119 »

He's looking for the audible alarm sound (it's a dual-tone very annoying "BAH-BAP BAH-BAP BAH-BAP" type sound generated by the Centracom OP that repeats for eternity until someone silences it. I'll try to get a recording of it in the next few days, we have the facilities at work to generate it. It's a sound that you would only hear inside a dispatch center using Centracom II, II+, II+ CRT, Gold Classic, Gold B&L or Gold Elite, never over the air.
MSS-Dave
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, NX300, PD782, Spark Gap

Post by MSS-Dave »

I found a reference in the service manual for the CIE in the CORI section saying alarm and alert tones are 544 Hz. but see nothing about dual tone (it is, just not in the CIE book). I have to do an emergency on my system to test that. I'm not using remote CIE right now though To be honest, my dispatchers hear it, I only hear it if someone mashes the button while I'm there (not often..). How high quality do you want? 'Bout all I have is audio record on a cell phone or maybe a cassette deck... :-(

Dave
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

d119 wrote:I had to do a double-take... I thought there might have been a bovine influence occurring..
oh shnap.

HLA != cowthief != Susan157.
"How do you plan to outwit Death?"
"With a knight and bishop combination; I will destroy his flank.
" --Antonious Block
d119

Post by d119 »

thebigphish wrote:
d119 wrote:I had to do a double-take... I thought there might have been a bovine influence occurring..
oh shnap.

HLA != cowthief != Susan157.
You learn quickly! Gold star!
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

And of course, that would make an excellent ring tone when work calls... need to replace that alert 2 thats on there now!
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”