R2600A

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

1947Jeff
New User

R2600A

Post by 1947Jeff »

Hi Everyone,

I have a R2600 Test set that I have just repaired the power supply in and it was working OK.

After about 2 hours it lost it's vertical on the display however everything else seems to be OK.

I went to the manual I have to have a look and I found the manual I have does not include the display section. I've since found out that there are two manuals for this machine. { RLN-4120} Volume one and Volume 2

The problem is I don't know which one I have as its not marked and I need to obtain info on the display and the video section.

Can anyone offer any assistance with this?

Thanks in advance

Jeff S.
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Re: R2600A

Post by DJP126 »

1947Jeff wrote:Hi Everyone,

I have a R2600 Test set that I have just repaired the power supply in and it was working OK.

After about 2 hours it lost it's vertical on the display however everything else seems to be OK.

I went to the manual I have to have a look and I found the manual I have does not include the display section. I've since found out that there are two manuals for this machine. { RLN-4120} Volume one and Volume 2

The problem is I don't know which one I have as its not marked and I need to obtain info on the display and the video section.

Can anyone offer any assistance with this?

Thanks in advance

Jeff S.
Your manual doesn't have info on the display because the CRT & display board (the R2600A has the old analog CRT) was bought by the manufacturer (originally Motorola & now General Dynamics) as an assembly. The display info is property of the supplier so it could not be included in the manuals. As to the version of the service manual, since you have the R2600A, you want the RLN4120A manual.
Dave
1947Jeff
New User

Re: R2600A

Post by 1947Jeff »

Dave,
Thanks for your response I appreciate your input.

The manual I have is marked "Manual for R2600A" part number "RLN4120" { not RLN4120A].
and it doesn't say if it's vol 1 or 2 if there is such a thing. It's got all the RF sections and the power supply info ect. but nothing about the display at all.
Your right it is a analog CRT in this unit and I have noted your comments about this being the property of the supplier.
I'm left wondering just how I { or anyone else for that matter} might go about fixing this thing if no information was ever availiable?
Its not the CRT it's self i'm interested in I think thats Ok it just doesn't seem to have any vertical input and thats what I need to look at.
I've contacted Motorola and i'm told a Manual/Manuals are available for the R2600A at a cost in the order of $600 which seems a bit over the top and if as you indicate if the info is not there anyway thats a waste.
I'm not sure what to do with this at the moment however I do appreciate you reply and thanks.

Regards
Jeff S

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”